Trying a new format...let's see how this works!

Read about Weight Watchers founder JEAN NIDETCH here. (Thanks to Foster City member, Lee, for the article!)

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lose for Good

The Weight-Loss Skill: Recharging your weight-loss efforts by helping people in need

The Challenge:  Labor Day weekend may include barbecues, picnics, and/or vacations, with all the potential for indulgence that those occasions invite; the cooler weather of fall heralds a menu shift toward comfort food; and football season can mean parties with tempting snacks. Together, these events make it tough to stay motivated and on track. At the same time, there are millions of people in our country and around the world who don’t have enough food to feed their families.

The Solution:  In this meeting, we will get a new source of motivation with the kickoff of the third annual Lose For Good® campaign. Knowing that our weight-loss success can translate directly into help for others in our community and around the world may be just the motivation we need to refocus on the program and get back on track to our Weight Goal.

For more info:

Weight Watchers® Weekly: “Lose for You, Lose For Good”
Program Materials: Book 4, Habits of Successful Members, “Storyboarding,” p. 39

Tools of the Week: 

Electronics (scale, pedometer, POINTS® Clicker, calculator)



Keep your scale out!  Out of sight is out of mind!  Mine is right underneath the cupboard with my plates...the plate automatically goes on the scale when I take it out of the cabinet!  This scale weighs IN POINTS as well as ounces and grams...it's great to see that my chicken is 3 points...



Just the other day, I wore my pedometer to see how many steps were in the walk I was about to take.  At the end of the day, my total steps were 15, 944!  How motivating!  ...I want to see how many MORE I can do!
















 
 
 
My clicker hangs on my keychain and is my "quick memory."  If I eat something when I am not around my tracker, I simply put the number of points I used into my clicker.  When I get home and can track, it helps jog my memory!  "Oh yeah...the ice cream cone..."
 

My favorite shopping companion!  All foods with unknown POINTS values are calculated with my POINTS Calculator before I decide to buy it!


SALE!  From September 5 to 25, Mini Bars, Oatmeal, and Smoothies are only $5 per package!

  



 



 
 


Also available are:  Chocolate Pretzel Blast Mini Bars, Caramel Latte Smoothies, Pomegranate-Blueberry Smoothies and Vanilla Almond Oatmeal!

Weight Watchers Happenings:

For Center and Traveler members: 


Join for Free 9/5–10/23

Pay only the weekly fee to join. Pay-As-You-Go members need not pay a Registration Fee; you pay only the weekly fee. Monthly Pass and 17-Week Pass members continue to enjoy Free Registration during this period.

Free Month of Monthly Pass 9/5–9/25


Joining and current members who are not already signed up for a Monthly Pass can get a Free Month of Monthly Pass. Members pay $39.95 for the first month and automatically get the second month free (an average of only $4.61 per week for the first 2 months!). Members will get the Free Month of Monthly Pass after they purchase and activate their Monthly Pass. Joining members who don’t wish to buy a Monthly Pass can still get Free Registration—a $20 value—and pay only the weekly fee.

Why a Monthly Pass?
  • Unlimited meetings each month
  • Free eTools, including Weight Watchers® Mobile
  • Automatic monthly renewal

As always...guests can Check Out A Meeting For Free! Bring your spouse, friends, neighbors and colleagues to a meeting...let's keep our membership numbers up!

"The ones that give, get back in kind."  ~Pam Durban

1 comment:

  1. Like the site? Anything you'd like to see here? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete